POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Waterfall (119kbbu) : Re: Waterfall (119kbbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 15:27:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Waterfall (119kbbu)
From: Rune
Date: 23 Feb 2001 16:21:28
Message: <3a96d458@news.povray.org>
"Chris Huff" wrote:
> Yeah, I know...I was getting rather sick of the particle system
> patch, and didn't have time to even test all the demo files. :-(
> I'm writing new ones for the next version

Sounds good.

> > and the help files were in an unknown file format; I presume
> > they are not for Windows.
>
> They are plain text files, the problem is that Mac and Windows
> have different line endings.

That was not the problem, I just didn't know that they were plain text
files, since they had no extensions.

> The only images on my web site now are:
> http://homepage.mac.com/chrishuff/images/particleFountain.jpg
> http://homepage.mac.com/chrishuff/images/particleFountain2.jpg
>
> (and just uploaded this one)
> http://homepage.mac.com/chrishuff/images/Particles1.jpeg

Thanks.

I've been looking at the particle_system patch documentation and I'd say
that my system is currently more flexible. However, when some of your
planned features are added, I think they will be much the same. And your
patch is much faster. But still the "user-interface" is very different and I
personally prefer mine, so I'll keep working on it... :)

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated January 28)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org